If I may quote one of the “great” performers of our time, “Oops I did it again!”  I’ve been breeding crickets for my geckos for almost two years.  You would think I would have it all figured out by now, how to “produce” the number I need.  After they’ve all hatched and shed their first skin, I try to clean their tank.  Not easy when you have HUNDREDS of babies….again!  Anyone need any crickets?  Here is a small sample:


Yum.  In a few weeks my peace and quiet will be over as hundreds of crickets start chirping.  It’s like I’m camping in my own apartment.  Maybe I should get some croaking frogs too.

I had the pleasure of flying over the Wise Guys Charity Golf Tournament again this year.  I’m not sure but I think it’s the fifth or sixth time I’ve done this.  I do a little air show for the golfers before they clamber into their carts to head out to the course:




I was so worried that I wasn’t going to be able to fly over due to the scattered layer of clouds (around 2500′ for most of the morning).  Hmmm…this wasn’t good. My friend at the Flying Club provided me with cloud status reports throughout the morning. I was also sent this lovely photo by one of the event organizers:


What a relief!  Everything cleared up nicely by the time I flew over at around 12:30.  I’m so glad I have the ability to do flights for these charity golf tournaments.  I typically do around five a year, but had to cut back on a couple due to some extra expenses from plane repairs.  Poor Vyctor!  All that matters is that he is ok and can fly another day.  Actually, he’ll be flying again next week for the Fred Legg Memorial Golf Tournament for the MS Society – Niagara Chapter of Hope.  This one is a little further away in Port Colborne, but the scenery is wonderful – right on Lake Erie.  Well, not really on it….or in it either.  That would make for a rather entertaining round of golf.

Back at CYSN (Niagara District Airport), I parked little Vyctor and as usual, tried to stop with my nose wheel right on the yellow line.  Not too shabby!


I also have a new little challenge where I try to keep my nose wheel up as long as possible after touching down.  I made it all the way down the runway, turned onto the taxiway and was about half way to the Flying Club before the nose touched.  So close!

For Mike’s birthday this year, I got him a ticket to Cirque du Soleil – Corteo.  We had amazing front row, centre seats.  The only bad part was walking in the high heat and humidity to the Meridian Centre, but at least it only took us less than 15 minutes.

Before the show started:


I had one of the performers sit next to me and bounced a balloon off my head.  We bopped the balloon around a bit then he ran off (maybe I was smelly).  The show was absolutely spectacular.  One of our favourite parts was when they had a little person (she was so cute and funny!) attached to three large balloons.  They sent her around the entire audience and as she started to descend, people had to push her back up by her feet:


Great show – highly recommended!

Today’s symptoms: I was a little pooped today due to getting up fairly early this morning.  That wasn’t quite my intention on my day off, but I guess my mind has a mind of it’s own!  I’m still having issues with stiffness on my left side, especially my leg.  Sometimes I walk a little gimpy but I tell people I’m not drunk, I have MS!  Tee hee!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s