I haven’t had the greatest week.  I mentioned in my last blog that I had the bladder Botox procedure done.  For the past two months, I’ve had three bladder infections so I’m starting to think that the hospital should have waited to do the Botox procedure.  I had a couple of scares – let’s just say there was A LOT of blood involved.  I phoned the urologist when it happened on Thursday morning and they sent me to the lab for a test.  I still haven’t heard back from them which is a little disheartening.  The last time it happened was around 3:00am on Saturday morning.  I crawled back in bed and thought for over thirty minutes as to whether I should go to the clinic when it opened at 10:00 or head over to the hospital.  I decided on the hospital and then I had to decide whether to call Mike to take me or if I should just go myself.  I figured since I was able to drive myself and didn’t want to ruin his day due to lack of sleep, that I wouldn’t call him.  Since I would be there around 4:00 in the morning, I thought I would be back home by 8:00.  Well, not quite.  Around 9:00, I really started to get bored.  I acquired a glove and made Donkay look like a peacock:


I didn’t get out of there until around 10:30.  I was told that I have a bladder infection.  Not too surprising.  I have a lot of pain in my lower back so I’m pretty sure the infection has also gone into my kidneys.  I’m not sure if the antibiotic they gave me is also for kidney infections – I’m kinda hoping my urologist gets back to me soon.  I’ve learned over the years that when a doctor or hospital tells you that they will call you with the results, you typically need to follow-up yourself.I spent the weekend in my apartment with my kittahs and Mike, just chilling.  Mike and I both learned that we need to keep an eye on our phones around here.  First Boo got hold of one and took a selfie:


Abby soon followed suit:

No Abby, you really need to look into the camera for a selfie.  Try again:

That’s better although a smile would be nice.  Geesh.

The kitties have been reading our emails too.  And, to top it off, they started creating their own memes.  Here’s Boo’s first:

Pinky is really big on butt rubs, so she sent Mike a meme to kinda hint that she wanted one:

This next picture shows the meme worked:

On Sunday, I noticed the two stubborn pusses in the bedroom.  As sweet and tiny as Mya is, she can be a bit of a bully.  If another kitty has been sitting in a spot for a while and made it all nice and warm, Mya will basically stand on them until they get up and leave, so she can take the spot.  If they don’t move in time, she’ll nip at them.  Well, I think she attempted to do this to Pinky, but she held her ground.  It would have been a rather amusing interaction.  Pinky hates sleeping near any of the other cats, but tolerated Mya for over an hour:

As you can clearly see, little Pinky isn’t amused.

Mike and I had this amazing Chex snack while we were watching a movie.  Booser decided that she wanted to have a taste:

She wasn’t overly enthused.  Oh well, more for us!

I’m still feeling really crappy today.  I don’t feel any worse than yesterday though, so I guess the antibiotics are doing something useful.  I’ve been trying to drink lots of water to help flush everything out.  Thought it would be a good idea to clean my water bottle, so I used my awesome bottle cleaner.  Now there’s quality for ya:


Today’s symptoms:  I wish I could report that the bladder Botox was a big help with my frequency and urgency issues (common with us MS-ers), but I can’t tell with this lousy infection.  I’m feeling really weak and run down.  Hopefully these meds start clearing things up soon.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s