Back From Rochester

My little mother and I went shopping in Rochester from Thursday to Saturday.  It’s kinda our annual tradition now.  We stayed at the Holiday Inn near the Marketplace Mall.  As we did last year, we hit that mall on our first day, then over to the Eastview Mall on Friday.  We decided to have a little drinky Thursday night, so went over to the very large liquor store attached to Wegman’s.  Large is an understatement – this is just their vodka section:

Holy Moses, smell the roses!

After our dinner, which was included with the cost of the room, we walked over to a bunch of nearby shops.  Our favourite, The Christmas Tree Shop, was the one we hit first.  This store is like the old Bargain Harolds stores.  It does not just sell Christmas trees, as the name would suggest.  Another nearby store was Five and Under where we picked up a few little goodies.  I can’t really remember what other stores we staggered to that night.

Day two we slept in until about 8:30, then headed down to breakfast.  The one server there was a total firecracker.  She had such an amazing and outgoing personality, kept calling people mama and sugar.  The place was energized by her.

After breakkie, we went over to Eastview Mall.  This one has a few higher end stores, such as Von Maur.  Kinda like a Nordstroms.  In the space in front of the store was high end furniture people could chill on, which surrounded a huge four-sided fireplace.  We knew we were going to look like a pair of country bumpkins going in there, however we decided to have a peek.  We couldn’t even count how many christmas trees were all over the store, plus they had a pianist.  This is the view from the second floor:

Pretty schnazy.

One of the main reasons I love this mall so much is because they have a Buckle, which is my favourite store.  All of their clothes are so unique and blingy.  The guy there was so nice and brought out a new top from the back.  I had just picked up one similar and he thought he would give me another choice.  I told him that I didn’t appreciate his high pressure tactics, than happily took both tops.  I picked out this awesome little number last year, although they didn’t have the right size so they had it ordered and sent to the Buffalo store.  Sweet:

I’m rarely in the mood to buy clothes, but I can’t walk out of that store empty-pawed.

After all of the excitement of the new clothes, we decided to get a couple cookies to boost our sugar.  How cute is this?


My mother and I both noticed the big black circles under my eyes.  The worse my MS symptoms are, the worse they get.  It hasn’t helped having a sinus infection either.  Jan suggested I go into the Sephora store and ask someone what I could do to lessen them, or at least give me a paper bag to put over my head.  We were greeted by Amelia, who said she had a great product for my puffy, dark under-eyes.  I figured I would humour both her and my mother, as I really didn’t think anything would help.  She put Organics GinZing under my eyes.  I felt bad as I kept pulling back – the feeling of someone touching me that close to my eyeballs really creeped me out.  Anyway, after she was done, I turned to my mother and she couldn’t believe the difference.  Still totally skeptical, I checked it out for myself.  Wow!  This stuff is amazing!  It’s going to be nice to not always look as sick as I feel, at least under my eyes!

With my fresh new look, Jan and I headed over to a pet store.  Probably not a good idea since I fell in love with a few little cuties, such as her:

We were kinda disappointed when we found out that the included dinner at the hotel was only Monday – Thursday, so we had to go find our own noms.  We headed over to Wegmans and got some really good food.  Neither my mother or I wanted to eat on the bed, and there was only one chair at the desk in the room, so I just stood in front of the TV whilst nomming:

Once done our food and a couple drinks, we walked back over to the plaza nearby to visit some more stores.  We hit the Christmas Tree Shop again and that is where I spelled out Boo’s name with bottles of oil and vinegar.  It was a little tribute to her upcoming 6th birthday on November 28:

I kinda wish she was born a week earlier so we would have the same birthday.

I did something a little silly in the store (shocking, I know!).  Just as I was walking by a phone on the wall, it rang.  I instantly picked it up and said hello.  The guy asked if “we” sold Christmas photo albums there and I replied “I’m pretty sure we do!”  He said thanks and I said you’re welcome and Merry Christmas!  Hmmmm….I really hope they do sell them so the poor guy doesn’t make a trip there for nothing!

On Saturday, we figured out which big box stores we would hit before heading home.  I still wanted to find the Disney Planes Dusty slippers I saw online.  I was hoping I could manage to get my size 8 feet into the largest boys size they had, but I was sorely disappointed:

That was the only thing I wanted to get during this trip that didn’t work out.  Fortunately, buying this stuffed Dusty helped with the mourning process:

It was a really great trip, although exhausting.  Mike asked me to meet up with him and his friends Saturday night to go to the Mandarin.  I wasn’t positive if I would have enough energy to go, but I made it.  It was great meeting his friends.  And of course, the Mandarin is always great.  For Mike’s final plate of food, he headed to the dessert section.  I told him he needed another scoop of their awesome mashed potatoes so I plunked them and a lone noodle on his plate:

Nothing more appetizing than cake, a nanaimo bar, cheesecake, mashed potatoes and a noodle!

We went out to breakfast this morning with a group of folks from our Recreational Aircraft Association.  We meet at Iggy’s, a great little restaurant in Fonthill.  The waitress was amazing and knew everyone’s usual noms, right down to white or brown toast and how they liked their bacon!

Today’s symptoms:  Not surprising at all, I was very fatigued and weak today.  Understandable after all the excitement over the last few days.  I’m sure I’ll have more energy and strength tomorrow.



For some reason, my eldest and tiniest (5 pounds) cat is being a bit of a bully.  I know she likes warm spots, but it’s kinda mean to bite your sister’s bum to take over her spot.  Boo also sleeps on the couch and for some reason, Mya keeps taking her place.  She was sitting on Boo when I came home today:

As you can tell, Boo wasn’t amused.  Sticking with the bully theme, I was kinda one last night.  We were at our monthly RAA meeting and had just done the 50/50 drive.  Mike dropped the can with all the tickets.  He just about had them all picked up…

Then I “accidentally” kicked the can over:

Tee hee!

Oh and this weekend we went to the mall and Mike was trying on some pants.  I “accidentally” moved a cart in front of his fitting room door:

Wow – I’ve learned a lot from my bully kitty!

Didn’t do too much over the last week.  I’ve been dealing with a pretty bad sinus infection but the new meds I was prescribed are starting to kick in.  I’ve basically been chilling at home lately.  Mike and I watched a movie while I was chillin’ the other night.  We both strongly recommend the Haunting in Connecticut.  I think I liked it even better than the Conjouring and Insidious.  Since it was a rather spooky movie, we didn’t really want the kids to see it.  Mike kept Abby busy during the scary scenes, by showing her a fly on my lamp:

Today’s symptoms: Felt pretty lousy today and had to go home early.  Lots of aches and pains plus the sinus headache. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s