Getting Better!

I’m happy to say that the new antibiotic I’m on is really helping.  The doctor was right – that is one potent drug!  I could actually feel my sinuses starting to clear after just a few days.  The lower ones seem totally clear and the uppers are well on their way.  The only bad part of being sick for so long is that I lost over five pounds.  Not a great deal of weight, but at 5’6″, I think I was only around 110.  I’m working on putting it back on though.  My boyfriend and I had a delicious, substantially topped, large, thin crust pizza from Pizza Hut.  I actually ate a little more than half!  I can’t remember the last time I ate that much.  I had another big meal today at work.  A co-worker on the same team as me is going on a three month leave of absence, then possibly retiring afterwards.  Our team leader had Antipastos bring in a huge amount of food: salad, lasagna, gnocchi, meatballs, sausage and roasted potatoes.  It was so good!

People are always so shocked to see me eat a big pile of food.  I guess my spindliness makes it seem like I don’t eat too much!

Speaking of noms, my friend and I went to Timmies this past weekend and decided to try out their new grilled cheese panini.  We split one:

Extra yummy with ketchup.  Also with the Tim Hortons theme, Roll up the Rim started a couple days ago.  I think I only won a donut last year, which was a bit of a bummer considering I had about two coffees a week.  Well, my first cup this year:

My mother only won one thing last year too.  She won a coffee on her second cup.  We’re on a rolllllllllll…..

Last night, I walked into the bedroom to see a really cute scene.  I had thrown my sweater I wore that day on the cat tree.  Pinky shoved part of it into one of the holes and made it a little kitty fort.   Welcome to Fort Pinky:

Mya was being a bit of a goober earlier too.  I think one of the other kittahs put this stuffed cat on her back:

I have tomorrow off so I was going to go in a little later to put in some overtime.  Slight change in plans.  A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a numbness, crawling, tingly sensation in my legs, mostly my right.  That sensation is now in both my arms and my face.  I phoned the MS clinic at McMaster Hospital and spoke with a nurse.  She said it sounds like I may be experiencing an MS flare-up.  Ugh.  She phoned my neurologist’s office this morning and got me an appointment with him tomorrow at 1:00.  I’ll still be able to go into work at 7:15.  My little mother is going to pick me up around 11:15, we’ll go to the apartment to switch vehicles then head to my neurologist’s in downtown Hamilton.  I’m really hoping he can give me something to abate these rotten sensations.  It’s not painful at all, just constant and very annoying.  I’m having a very hard time sleeping and also concentrating at work.  I’ve been unable to have my monthly Tysabri infusion, which is supposed to lessen the chance of having a flare-up.  I’m three weeks over-due.  Not sure if this could have something to do with it or if it’s more the six week long illness I just endured, that weakened my system and made me more susceptible to an MS attack.  Hmmmm…..

Today’s symptoms:  Feeling very weak and those new sensory symptoms in my legs, arms and face are getting really annoying!  My right foot was dragging a bit today too. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s