Day Off

Today was my compressed day off.  Jan came up to the apartment this morning and offered to help me clean my windows.  I felt bad that I couldn’t do them all, but I was so weak this morning – I’m not sure why.  I figured after my big meal last night, I would wake up feeling strong and sassy!  My friend from work and I went to the new restaurant downtown called Gord’s Place.  Great food – I had the pulled pork sandwich with sweet potato fries:

Yum-o.  My friend didn’t believe me when I said I was going to clear my plate, but I did.  I only had some oatmeal around 10:00 that morning, then did an aerobatic flight in the early afternoon.  Thought I would save lots o’room for my dinner noms, and I’m sure glad I did.  Great food and I’ll definitely go back.  Speaking of the flight that day, I flew over the Wise Guys golf tournament again this year.

I was told everyone really enjoyed the show, performed by Vyctor.

I passed this neat little design on the way back to the airport:

Back at the airport, I noticed these little yellow finchy/oriole type dudes in a puddle under a plane:

So cute.

Ok, back to today.  Jan and I went over to the PEN Centre after doing my living room windows.  We of course stopped at Timmy’s for our usual coffee and bagel/muffin.  I was on the hunt for a few more skirts while Jan was looking for summer shoes.  Hello, you would think she would have started the search a couple months ago when the weather started getting hot.  Oh well, better late than never.  I ended up buying one soon into our search.  We then decided to go into a store I normally never go into.  I don’t know why, since I do not have any chemical sensitivities that I’m aware of, but walking into this store almost kills me.  Within a minute of being in it, my nose and eyes start watering, I get a headache and I get a little wheezy.  Weird, eh?  I tried holding my breath, while quickly running from rack to rack.  Unfortunately, I did find a skirt I wanted to try on.  Things were watering at this point and the garcon in the change room was looking at me a little funny.  As soon as I tried it on and decided that I would buy it, I ran out of the change room, threw the skirt at Jan and ran out of the store.  She rang it through and was laughing at me while I was standing out in the hall.  I feel bad that I was able to find what I was looking for, but Jan didn’t find any shoes.

Once we left the PEN, I dropped my folding bike up off at the bike shop where I had the tire repaired last month.  Something seems to have gone amiss, because the tire went flat again the day after it was fixed (and I didn’t even ride it).  So, the bike shop folks told me to bring it back and they would fix it again for no cost.  Great service, eh?

Back home, I just chilled for the rest of the afternoon.  I think everything I’ve been doing for the last couple weeks has really taken a bit of a toll on my wussy body.  Just one more flight to do tomorrow, then the Flying Club event on Saturday (Saturday – see, I got it right this time!), and that’s it for my plans.  I think I’m going to tone down the flying a bit next week, since it’s doing a number on my physically and financially.

While chillin’ on my couch today, I started drooling as the smell of BBQ came wafting into my apartment.  Oh, it smelled so good.  Turns out they were having an event at Community Care next door.  I was going to put on a red shirt and run down there for some noms, but was too tired:

While I was craving BBQ, Mya and Pinky decided that they were craving water.  Of course, they can’t drink out of the nice, new fountain I just bought them.  Instead, I had to turn on the faucet in the bathroom.  Dorks:

Little did they know, they would be in the kitchen sink soon.  Well, at least three of them.  Abby, Boo and Pinky were all due for a bath (Mya doesn’t seem to get as oily).  Abby was up first and only gave a couple little whimpers.  Here she is looking like a purrito while getting dried off:

The other two kitties weren’t quite as pleasant.  As usual, Pinky growled through the whole experience and Boo screamed like she was being murdered.  At least they don’t hold a grudge.

Today’s symptoms:  Very weak, especially when I first got up.  It got a little better during the day.  Still having a bit of that MS hug symptom.  Other than that, just the normal headache and a few aches and pains here and there.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s