Infusion Day

This morning, I gave some training at work for Windows 7 and Office 2010.  Soon after the course was over, my mother met me at the office and we headed over to the apartment.  We dropped off some loot, switched cars and headed to Burlington for my monthly IV infusion of the MS drug Tysabri.  As usual, we arrived insanely early, but fortunately, there was only one other person there, so the nurse was able to hook me up right away.  On the ride there, I was saying to my little mother that it’s weird I still get a little queasy when she puts in the IV.  I would have thought it would get better with time, but it hasn’t.  It’s not like I freak out or anything – although sometimes I pretend to just to annoy the nurse.  Tee hee!  Anyway, the infusion went well and I’m glad it’s over with for another month. 

Jan and I stopped at Petsmart on the way home.  There were a couple items on sale that I wanted, plus all other items were 15% off, as per the coupon my friend emailed me.  As we started pulling out of the parking lot, I asked Jan to check the receipt to see if they gave me the discount.  Nope!  Words of Lizdom: Always check your receipt before you leave the store.  Ugh!  At least only two bags of treats were what I was charged full price for, not the big stuff.

Once back at the apartment, Jan helped me bring the stuff upstairs.  After she left, I noticed her coat was thrown out on the balcony:

Mya sniffed it and Abby did this weird, stretch-paw-strong pose as she walked on by.  I still don’t know why my mother threw it out on the balcony.  She blamed it on the kitties when I mentioned it to her.  Nice….

Oh, I mentioned during my previous blog that a car drove through the burnt out building just down the road from me.  Here’s a pic from the paper:

Apparently someone ploughed through two people in this parking lot, then crossed the road into the building.  I haven’t heard the details, if the driver was drunk or something.

To end this post, I would like to share with you this adorable little photo.  Mya brought her blue fishy friend up on the cable box with her:

What a sweetie!

Today’s symptoms: Felt pretty good this morning, although my headache is getting worse from my sinus issues.  Only a few weeks left until my sinus surgery – yea!  Since this evening, I’ve been feeling pretty crappy from my IV infusion.  I usually feel like I have the full-blown flu during the evening and night of my infusion, mildly flu-ish the next day, then fine the day after. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s