Needle Week

After missing almost a month of my monthly Tysabri IV infusion, I had it yesterday.  My mother picked me up from the office and I drove her car to Burlington, which is one of the closest infusion clinics to where I live in St. Catharines.  I’ve had two different nurses, and they’re both so nice.  They make the hour long infusion quite tolerable.  It’s nice that the clinic is very quiet and also has a big, honkin’ TV on the wall.  Regardless, I’m still glad it’s done for another month.

Today was a rather busy day.  I started the work day at 7:15, after a brisk walk to the office.  At 12:45, Chuck picked me up and took me to Artistic Impressions.  This is the tattoo parlour I went to a few months ago to get the tattoo of my plane plastered across my lower back.  Anyway, I was there when I was 18 and had a very small maple leaf tattooed on the back of my right shoulder.  Over the years, it faded a bit.  I decided to get it redone.  Chuck snapped this pic of me in the chair:

It only took about 20 minutes.  Here’s the final product:

I’m quite happy with it – it’s so nice and vibrant!

My little mother picked my up at the office again this afternoon and we headed over to the chiropractor for our monthly crack-a-lackin.  Sure felt good!  He commented on my crazy aerobatic fly-over during a charity golf tournament he attended last month.  He no longer thinks I’m nuts – he KNOWS it!

Soon after she dropped me off at the apartment, I gathered up my loot for a flight.  One of the flights I donated to charity this year was through Tender Wishes.  I flew over their golf tourney, then they auctioned off my flight.  Someone purchased it for his friend, who is getting married (I believe this weekend).  He used to be in Air Cadets, so has flown in gliders.  We had the flight booked for today at 5:00.  I left just before 4:30, which should have given me about 15 minutes to inspect the plane before my passenger arrived.  The traffic is so horrible in this city, especially now that a major road is closed down for the next four months for construction.  I didn’t arrive until just before 5:00.  Fortunately, the fuel guy was by earlier and filled my tanks.  After my inspection, we strapped ourselves in and climbed to 3000 feet to do some aerobatics over his family’s house just a few miles from the airport.  Fortunately, I was still in St. Catharines airspace and over mostly farmland, so doing the aerobatics for my passenger and his fans on the ground was no problem.  We did a few loops, rolls, snap rolls and a Cuban 8.  After the stomach-churning fun, we headed over to the Niagara Falls scenic circuit for a view of the Falls.  Once we left the circuit, I let him fly the plane for about 15 minutes.  We headed along the Lake Ontario shoreline, then I took over and landed us back at the airport.  He really enjoyed the flight.  I let his friends know when they met us at the plane, that he only puked twice and cried just a little.  Tee hee!  No accidents!  I made sure he knew that there is a really fine line between when you first start to feel a little queazy and how soon after you’ll actually be sick.  Fortunately, I haven’t crossed that line yet.

I feel so lucky to be able to give people the amazing experience of flight – and aerobatics, for the brave!

Today’s symptoms:  Feeling pretty good.  I usually have much more energy in the morning than I do in the afternoon.  I was quite happy that it was the reverse today, considering my flight!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s