Well, my life is now complete.  Chuck and I arrived in Wisconsin yesterday to attend EAA Airventure at Oshkosh.  It’s the largest aviation expo in the world. 

We are so lucky to have the accommodations we have until we leave on Thursday.  We’re staying at a beautiful cabin on Lake Winnebago in Fond du Lac, called Sunrise Paradise.  Holy cow – we are so impressed!  This place is amazing. 

I was so exhausted after our flights into Cleveland then Milwaukee, I had to take a nap while Chuckles went to the grocery store to buy some vittles for supper.  After our meal, I was still completely wiped out that I don’t really remember doing anything more than crawling into bed.  On a bright note, I had a great sleep and was ready for the great day ahead.

This morning we got up bright and early (well sorta – 7:45) and headed out to the Fond du Lac Airport to catch the bus to Oshkosh.  We arrived at Oshkosh just before 9:00.  We traded in our online tickets for our daily passes and headed into the crowd.  Here are a few pics:

During the week-log event, this is the busiest airport in the world.

I really wanted to see the Sikorsky X2 – the fastest helicopter on record.  Hey, I got my wish!

Chuck received a free T-Shirt from Sikorsky.  I think they gave it to him so he could mop up my drool.

I was very surprised when two people came up to me and asked if they could take a picture of my tattoo!  I normally don’t have it showing, since I don’t walk around with my lower back exposed.  However, in the spirit of the event, I had to show off my airplane:

We met up with a few people from home, including my aviation mechanic.  I didn’t even know he was attending.  Overall, it was an amazing day.  We lasted until about 1:30 when we climbed back on the bus to head back to our car at the Fond du Lac Airport.

We arrived back at the cottage completely knackered.  I knew I had to perk up, as the cottage owner was bringing his jet ski for us to use.  It was so nice of him to take his time to do this for us.  I’ve always wanted to ride one.  When he arrived, he took me for a spin while Chuck took some pics from the dock.  I forgot to ask him if I could post a pic of him on my blog, so I hope he doesn’t mind a shot of the back of his head on my blog for the world to see:

I had a total blast!  I thought he was kidding when we arrived back at the dock and he asked if I wanted to drive.  I was a little hesitant, but thought it would be fine with him on the back.  I scooched up front and asked him when he was climbing back on.  He just laughed and said “I’m not going!”  What the heck!  I almost chickened out but knew I would regret it forever.  After a quick lesson, I headed out into the wild blue yonder, all by my lonesome:

It wasn’t too long before I floored it.  What the heck – live it up:

I wasn’t going to try anything stupid and risk any damage to his machine.  I figure the worse that would happen was I would fall off and be gnawed on by a swarm of sturgeon at the bottom of the lake (nom nom nom).  Fortunately, I stayed on for the whole ride.  I made it up to 60 MPH – it was awesome!  I had the best time.  After a graceful dismount, the three of us chatted for a few minutes.  The two guys looked over and saw the little tear trickle down my cheek.  It was then that I was offered to go out for another ride.  We all found it rather amusing at how inept I was at donning my life vest:

I tried to explain that I PURPOSELY put the straps in the wrong order to 1) make the vest a tighter fit.  created and new fashion statement.  4) ok, no excuse – I’m a dork.  After correcting myself, I headed out for another spin.  When we got back to the cottage, Chuck and I had to use some steel wool to clean the bugs off of my teeth – I haven’t smiled that much in a long time!  I’m so glad no one could hear me yelling “WEEEEE!!!” over the sound of the motor.

Chuck and I are just going to chill for the rest of the night.  We did, however, run outside one last time to take a pic of the cute little ducklets frolicking about:

Aren’t they precious?

Today’s symptoms:  This has probably been one of the best days symptom-wise of my life!  I can’t believe how much I did today.  I’m now dealing with a bit of a headache, but that’s about it!  Of course, I’m very fatigued after the long day, but I think that would be true of anyone.  This may account for the grammatical errors in this blog.  Sorry – my bad.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s