Blah, Blah, Blog…

It’s been a stressful few days.  I had my little Abby fixed and for almost a week, she became weaker on a daily basis.  I took her back to the vet on Wednesday because her stitches were very tight and ripping her skin.  She was also hardly eating and seemed rather lethargic.  It was getting very stressful to deal with her being sick and my other (furred) kitty, who was in kidney failure.  I was in an absolutely foul mood on Friday.  I think it was a combination of being overtired, having a bunch of MS symptoms and the stress of sick kitties.  I warned my boyfriend of my snippy mood – I’m a firm believer in open communication and being upfront!  I figure this way, if I blow up at him, it wouldn’t be my fault because he was warned!  Anyway, after work on Friday, we took Abby back to the vet to have her stitches out.  I was relieved that she was doing a little better this day than the previous few days.  When we got home, Beau (kidney failure kitty) started throwing up and kept trying to go to the bathroom on the carpet, but nothing came out.  She was sick about five times throughout the evening.  My vet told me that once she starts throwing up, it is time to have her put down.  Needless to say, I have dreaded this day for over a month now.  I knew she wouldn’t be any better the next day.  I had her sitting on my chest and looked into her eyes – Beau wasn’t there anymore.  I knew it was time.  I phoned the Emergency Veterinary Clinic and let them know I would be bringing her in.  It was absolutely heartbreaking to hand over my best little buddy of over eleven years (she was almost eighteen years old), but I knew it was best for her.  Whenever she rode in the car in the past, she would meow constantly.  Even for the many four hour drives to Windsor and back!  This trip, however, nary a peep.
I’m going to miss you, little Beau!

On a brighter note, little Abby is back to her old self.  Seems kinda funny that on Thursday, Abby was at her worst physically and Beau was doing ok.  The next day, Abby was doing much better and Beau started to shut down.  I wonder if there was a little bit of animal spiritual intervention going on….

Symptoms:  I’m numb – physically and emotionally.  Totally drained.  I’m sure it will get better over the next few days.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s